What are accounting services?
As an accounting firm, our strength is accounting services to small and medium businesses. Accounting services add VALUE to you and your business and help you in ANY aspect of the accounting function. This may be reporting, processes put in place, business advice and many more.
We do as much as you need us to do, we CAN do it all although this is rare and under specific circumstances.
We are based in Durban (Durban North to be exact) but that does not limit us to offering clients accounting help. The advances in accounting software going into the cloud allows us to communicate and help clients all over South Africa (and the world).
What does this mean?
You have put off the admin side of your business until the last minute and it as grown into a small mountain. It not only grows faster than you can complete it but it does not excite you. This results in you putting it off more and the mountain grows! We step in and help you put in plans and processes so you can do what you do best – your work. We will always communicate with you using reports and we’re always ready to talk.
SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNTING SERVICES THAT Add Value
We take the burden off your shoulders so you can run your operation – that is where you are needed and that is where you are brilliant! We will keep your:
This makes them a valuable and useful tool to build your business on.
They are useful because we enable you to know your “numbers” at the touch of a button, wherever you are. Although we are accredited to various software packages, we do not change anything without first discussing it with you. Whether it’s in the cloud or on your computer, it does not matter to us. If you are using a custom made program, we will learn how to use it. Software packages are all based on double-entry bookkeeping and that’s what we are specialists in. The different programs just look slightly different from each other.
This means you can have accurate numbers to make great business decisions without having to crunch the numbers yourself. You have the important information that is USEFUL and that you UNDERSTAND!
HOW DO WE DO THIS? IS THERE A PROCESS?
We have a process that we will guide you through when we welcome you as a client.
1. We will agree on the work and fees involved in this work. We will issue a letter of engagement outlining this. This will include an assessment as to what has been (or has not been) done in order to determine what needs to be done.
2. We work WITH YOU and YOUR system and do not move you or fix anything that does not need fixing. If there is something that will improve your everyday accounting process, then we can talk WITH YOU about changing it. “Don’t fix if it’s not broken”.
3. We gather all the necessary information from you in order to do the work we have agreed upon. This includes the basic details of the business / yourself as well as the relevant numbers eg: tax numbers etc.
4. We obtain the necessary authority from you in order to help you. This is mainly for tax work. With this authority, we can liaise with SARS on your behalf.
5. We interact with you regularly and inform you as to what needs to be done at what intervals (dates etc) in order to make sure you are kept up-to-date.
PS: The pandemic has changed the way we communicate. Although face – to – face is the ideal, until it is safe to do this regularly, all communication will be online via email, Telephone call or a online platform like Zoom. This does not alter the quality of the accounting services we provide.
For details on our Tax services click here
For details on our Payroll services click here