A tax profile is a profile on Sars efiling that enables you to complete all transactions regarding your tax affairs.
If you are moving accountants or would like to take control of your efiling profile, you will request a transfer of that profile from the current holder to another profile.
Once the profile is set up, follow the below steps to request a transfer.
- Log in using the login details you set up in the registration process.
- The screen will look like this (at the top).
Click “Organisation” from the menu along the top and Request Tax Types from the drop-down menu on the left hand side.
Create a new tax type request. Click “Create New” button at the bottom of the page.
Agree with the terms and click “Continue”.
Fill in all the tax type numbers you require to be transferred. NB: include both the tax type ALL the admin penalty for that type
Complete the request by clicking “Request”.
Once you click “Request” the request will be sent to the holder of the profile and request they authorise the transfer.
They are required to respond within 5 working days. If they do not, Sars will issue an override code for you to insert and the profile will be transferred.
There is no reason that the holder is allowed to not authorise the transfer including unpaid monies.
You might also like
- Tax season 2019 – Updated systems and processes
- How to (properly) report on cash in your business
- EMP501: What is it and how does it impact employees?
- 5 reasons why you should still submit a tax return