If you say tax or SARS to anyone, they will shudder in fear which, in a lot of cases is unfounded. There are various reasons for this fear:
- Because they have not submitted tax returns in years,
- The believe that SARS (South African Revenue Services) is out to take all their money,
- Their accountant has dealt with it and they always have to pay money.
The other popular reason is that the government takes that money and keeps it all for themselves through corruption to make themselves rich.
At Ease Soldier
At BC Accounting Services, we specialize in putting people at ease about tax and more specifically with SARS. This is sometimes fairly long or onerous with mixed results. These taxpayers fall into two groups:
- They work with us and ease their fear. They may not like SARS but they don’t fear them.
- People believe what they want and it does not change. Often these are taxpayers that ate not with BCAS very long and move on to someone else. Commonly, they say that they have found someone else who can submit returns for free and guarantee refunds. We wish them well on their journey.
How do we go about this?
Bruce is a tax practitioner with SARS and is registered with the South African Institute of Tax. We cut the tax jargon and start with language that is simple. This is so you understand the processes involved and what goes on at SARS. Through this understanding you can then start to see what and why things happen.
Tax is not as scary as you would think. There is a reason for every rule that is in place. In fact, tax is actually simple but certainly not easy. This is why we can help you. Tax and the processes involved can get quite technical. This is where experience and expertise comes in from our side. It makes you life easier (because it is taken care of) and eases that fear that you may have of the tax man.
You might also like
- Employee taxes: understanding the basics
- 5 questions to ask your accountant
- 5 points to make your tax return easier
- A financial expert